- HOME PAGE
- ABOUT SFL
- PLACEMENT EXAM
To the attention of Preparatory Class students
There will be a Placement Exam on October 2, 2018 to determine our newly registered students’ level of English and therefore designate their classes. All our students must be present in their classrooms at 09:30.
For classroom list, click here: PLACEMENT SINAV LİSTESİ
For Placement Exam Principles, click here: Placement Exam Principles – 02.10.2018
- September Proficiency Results
The results for the September Proficiency Exam (12.09.2018) have been announced at yobs.iyte.edu.tr
1) Go to yobs.iyte.edu.tr and click on “Öğrenci Girişi” in the upper left corner of the screen.
2) In the username part (the first bar), enter your Student ID Number.
3) Your password (in the second bar) is the first 6 digits of your Turkish Republic ID Card number or Passport number.
4) If this is the first time you’re logging in at YOBS, the system will ask you to change your password. Choose a password that doesn’t include any Turkish characters.
5) Log in again with your new password.
6) Click on “Değerlendirme Sonuçları”
7) A new window will pop up. Click on “Yeterlilik” on that new window. You can see your exam result and status there.
Detailed information about Preparatory School start dates and class schedules will be announced this week on this website.
- IZTECH SFL HANDBOOK 2018-2019
2018-2019 academic Year Student Handbook : Student’s Handbook 2018-2019(new)
- PREREQUİSİTE COURSES
According to new regulations for elective language courses registration, in order to register for a continuum course, students must successfully complete the prerequisite courses.
A prerequisite course is ‘’a course which must be successfully completed before a specified course may be attempted’’.
According to this, a student can select an elective language course with the code 201; however to be eligible for a continuum course coded 202,203 or 204, if the prerequisite course has not been successfully completed, students must take the proficiency exam given by the course instructors.
Students who are willing to take the proficiency exam must submit a petition to the School of Foreign Languages by October 01, 2018 09.30 a.m. Petitions can be submitted in person or sent by fax.
The proficiency exam will take place in the School of Foreign Languages on October 01, 2018 between 11.00 and 12.00.
Students who score a minimum of 70 points will be considered successful and can register for the course.
Also, other students with a valid document showing their proficiency in the related elective language must submit their documents to the course instructor during the add-drop week and register for the course with the approval of the course instructor.
- USEFUL WEBSITES
Please click here for useful ESL websites for prep year students.
- the audio and e-books
By following the steps below, you can access the audio and e-books in the database of our library.
1. IZTECH Main Page
4. IZTECH Digital Library (OverDrive)
Library ID: TC Kimlik No.